Sunday, April 1, 2012

Reg MacDonald: "If I help you I have to help everyone"

Towards the end of the 20 day training program, one of the students approached Reg MacDonald and asked if it was possible for him to secure a job for that person. Sure enough, Reg refused and explained that if he was going to help him he would have to help the rest of the class get jobs as well. Really?

Here is a thought, Reg: how about helping those who actually make an effort in your school, eh?

Most of the people who attend the training don't really give a shit while they are there. They drink almost every night or do drugs or both (don't they know they will be drug screened before being offered a position in a drilling company?). Then there are those who make an effort, who paid the money from their own pockets and are keen to get started in the oil industry as soon as they finish the course.

So, what is stopping Reg from helping those who really care?

Reg always says that his school is successful because of word-of-mouth...it would be even more successful, me thinks, if he made an effort to help secure jobs for those who do well and are keen students. He himself says that he's got tons of connections in the oil industry, so why not help a bit? I mean $5000 ain't cheap and if there was a glimmer of hope in getting employment if you do well in class, more people would be willing to pony-up the cash. Just an idea.

But I guess at the end of the day Reg MacDonald thinks only of himself. Good for you, Reg.

1 comment:

  1. Reading the MDS web, I understood that The idea was just the opposite:
    " I go to help you because I consider my duty to help everybody"

    ReplyDelete